Althea offers bespoke biomed technical training solutions to engineers, hospital technicians, and clinical users at either our Centres of Excellence in Berkshire, endoscopy workshop in Essex, or at your hospital. Althea’s biomed training is mapped to the Qualifications and Credit Framework with all courses accredited by the Open College Network West Midlands Region for quality assurance and to allow for CPD points.
Our dedicated biomed training department delivers theoretical and practical accredited courses using real technologies and OEM documentation with a focus on health and safety, as well as practical courses to train or refresh clinical and operational teams in endoscope, MR coil, and ultrasound handling.
- Servicing Physiological Monitoring & Infusion Equipment
- Servicing Cardiovascular Equipment
- Medical Devices Electrical Safety Testing
- Servicing Medical Therapeutic Equipment
- Servicing Operating Theatre & Surgical Equipment
- Health & Safety within Medical Technologies
- Servicing Anaesthetic & Ventilator Equipment
- a route to obtain a Level 3 Certificate in Medical Technologies accredited by the Open College Network West Midlands Region
- familiarisation training on a wide variety of medical device families, utilising original equipment manufacturer documentation
- refresher biomed training, enabling a reduction in skill fade and the ability to formally assess clinical theory and skill of individuals, and
- CPD accredited technical courses